Italian keratin is a premium type of keratin glue that is used to attach hair extensions to natural hair. It is made from the same protein that makes up human hair, and it is known for its strength and durability. Italian keratin is available in a range of colours so it does not show up on the natural hair.
Italian keratin is a popular choice for hair extension installation because it is easy to use and it provides a secure bond. It can be applied using a heat fusion iron or with cold fusion. Italian keratin is also a good choice for rebonding old hair extensions.
Here are some of the benefits of using Italian keratin for hair extensions:
- Strong and durable bond
- Available in different colours, so it does not show up on the hair
- Easy to use
- Can be used with heat fusion or cold fusion
- Good for rebonding old hair extensions
If you are considering getting hair extensions, Italian keratin is a good option to consider. It is strong, durable and will give you long-lasting results.
Here are some of the risks of using Italian keratin for hair extensions:
- Can be expensive
- Can damage hair if not applied properly
- Can be difficult to remove
- Can cause allergic reactions in some people
If you are considering getting hair extensions, it is important to talk to a qualified hair stylist about the risks and benefits of Italian keratin.
Italian keratin is available in a few different forms, including:
- Granules: These are small, clear beads of keratin that are melted with a heat fusion tool to create a bond between the hair extensions and the natural hair.
- Rolls: These are long, thin rolls of keratin that are melted with a heat fusion tool to create a bond.
- Powder: This is a clear powdered keratin that is applied after dipping the hot fusion tool in the powder and then the hair is added to the tool to create a bond.
It is important to note that Italian keratin is a strong bond, but it is not permanent. The bonds will eventually break down and need to be replaced. The lifespan of your hair extensions will depend on how well they are looked after.
Here are some tips for caring for your hair extensions:
- Brush them regularly.
- Avoid using heat styling tools on them.
- Get refitted by a professional every 3-5 months.