Fusion bond hair extensions, also known as keratin bond extensions or hot fusion extensions, are a semi-permanent hair extension method that uses a keratin bond to attach individual hair extensions to the client's natural hair. The keratin bond is melted using a heat application tool and then wrapped around the client's hair, creating a secure and long-lasting bond.
Fusion bond hair extensions can be used to add length, volume or bothto the client's hair. They are also a good option for clients who want to change their hair colour or texture without damaging their own hair.
Here is a step-by-step guide to the fusion bond hair extension application method:
- Prepare the hair. The client's hair should be clean and dry before the extensions are applied. The stylist will also section the hair and brush it out to remove any tangles. To prepare and customise bonds prior to application, we recommend using the Hair Made Easi Bond Cutters.
- Section the hair. Hair sectioning is an important part of the keratin fusion bond hair extension application process. It is important to section the hair in a way that ensures that the extensions are evenly distributed and that the bonds are placed in a way that will be comfortable and secure for the client. Using Hair Made Easi tools including Easigrips, Sections Made Easi and Section Clips
- Apply the extensions. Position the bond heat guard and secure using clips. Take a section of the clients hair with a 1:1 ratio with the bond you are applying. Use the Hair Made Easi Digital Fusion Bond Heat Applicator to melt the keratin bond on the end of the hair extension. Place the extension strand next to a small section of the client's hair and wrap the keratin bond around the client's hair. Use your fingers, with Finger Protectors to mold the keratin bond around the client's hair and press it down to secure it.
- Repeat steps 2 and 3 until all of the extensions have been applied.
- Style the hair. Once all of the extensions have been applied, style the client's hair as desired.
Fusion bond hair extensions can last for up to 3-6 months, depending on the client's hair type and lifestyle.
Here are some tips for caring for fusion bond hair extensions:
- Brush your hair gently with a soft-bristled paddle brush, avoiding the bonds.
- Wash your hair with a sulfate-free shampoo and conditioner.
- Avoid using heat styling tools on the bonds.
- Follow the maintenance guidelines your qualified extensionist will provide you with.
If you are considering getting fusion bond hair extensions, be sure to consult with a qualified professional extensionist to see if this method is right for you.